The increase and collapse of Bitcoin values have impacted Cambodia’s stock market. However, in early 2017, when the price of Bitcoin was still relatively low, many people in Cambodia started investing in this digital currency. You can click this link for more info.
As the price of bitcoin began to rise quickly later that year, the share market also started to increase. Finally, in November 2017, the share market reached its highest level ever, with the value of some companies rising by more than 100%.
However, when the price of bitcoin began to fall in early 2018, the share market also started to decline. By May 2018, the value of some companies had decreased by more than 50%. This shows that the share market in Cambodia is very volatile and can be significantly affected by the price of bitcoin.
8 Ways How Bitcoin Affects the Share Market of Cambodia
- The Cambodian Share Market is young and upcoming, and with the entry of Bitcoin, it could be a more viable option for investors.
- With the stability that Bitcoin has brought to the market, it has allowed people to invest in other markets confidently.
- Bitcoins volatility has been decreasing as it gains in popularity, providing stability to markets that it is used in.
- The Cambodian Share Market could potentially see an influx of investment due to Bitcoin’s stability and growing popularity.
- Bitcoin can be transferred anywhere in the world within minutes, which could entice investors from all over the globe to invest in Cambodian companies.
- Bitcoin allows for investors to be more anonymous when investing, adding a layer of privacy to an investment.
- As Bitcoin becomes more popular, its infrastructure will grow, making it easier for people to use and invest in.
- The Cambodian Share Market could be one of the many markets to benefit from Bitcoins growth.
Bitcoin is a new and growing technology that is having a positive effect on the share market of Cambodia. It brings stability to the market while allowing investors to be more anonymous when investing.
6 Negatives of Bitcoin How Bitcoin Affected the Share Market of Cambodia
- Bitcoin is volatile, and its price can change rapidly. This makes it challenging to use as a currency and can lead to huge losses if the holder tries to cash out during a price crash.
- Many merchants do not accept Bitcoin, so it is not very useful as a currency.
- Bitcoin transactions are not reversible, so if you send bitcoins to the wrong person or if they are stolen, you may not be able to get them back.
- Bitcoin is not very stable, and its value can fluctuate a lot. This could lead to huge losses if someone uses it as a regular currency.
- How new bitcoins are created is set up to mean there will only ever be a finite number of them. This could mean that the value of bitcoins increases over time as their availability decreases.
- any government or financial institution does not regulate Bitcoin, so it is not very secure, and its value is not guaranteed. As a result, the bitcoin price has skyrocketed, falling to lows of $700 in November.
It was recovering from those lows by February, but then again, by March, it was stuck at around $300. Today, bitcoin is still trading between those figures, and it seems like it’s not going to be a significant move either way. There is, however, much that can be managed.
These are just some of the negatives of Bitcoin that should be considered before investing in this cryptocurrency.
While Bitcoin does have its drawbacks, it also has many positives that could benefit the Cambodian Share Market. For example, its volatility is decreasing as it gains in popularity, and it can be transferred anywhere in the world within minutes. This could entice investors from all over the globe to invest in Cambodian companies.
Additionally, as Bitcoin becomes more popular, its infrastructure will grow, making it easier for people to use and invest in. The Cambodian Share Market could be one of the many markets to benefit from Bitcoins growth.